Hey guys, hope all is going well. I enjoyed the posts so far. I'm diggin all the perseverance goin on around these parts. Now to get to business here's the verses:
Matthew 5:14-16 -
Many times I feel like I walk alone, and that the goal of my spiritual journey is my own happiness. What I often forget is that I'm already done with. There's no more need for me to worry about myself because I've already received God's salvation. The light that we've been given isn't just for ourselves. The light is for people to see. I don't know why my tendency is to put a my light under a bowl, but dats not da way to do.
Matthew 6:22-23 -
To be honest, these few verses really confuse me because ... well it doesn't really make sense right? How can an eye, which is meant for seeing, be a light source like a lamp? As I pondered upon this, the idea of the moon came to me. Isn't it cool how the moon can both give and receive light? The Sun gives, the Earth takes, but the moon does both of these. But man the days that the moon is nowhere to be found are really dark. Hopefully I didn't go too off track here, but our light from within isn't something that we produce. We have to look to God, our only source of light. Only then can we shine within and be the Moon in times of darkness.
Emotional Update:
It's been a stressful week for me thus far. Earlier today, I found myself sitting down praying and just being mad at everything. To be honest, I don't think I have that many responsibilities right now, but often times I just find myself unable to do anything. I've been avoiding a lot of my work and school responsibilities because it just frustrates me when I think about it, and that in turn hasn't gone well. But I have noticed that things aren't nearly as bad as they were before. I mean sure it's bad to avoid responsibilities, but more often I've found myself coming back to my Rock rather than my idols. I definitely still have a rebellious spirit in me, but now it's becoming clearer each day why I need to choose the Lord every waking moment.
Physical Update:
So I was at the gym today trying to shoot around and take my mind off things. Then some guys asked me if I wanted to play 5 on 5 with them. I was wearing slip-on shoes but I figured why not? Then in the first minute I land badly on my foot and sprain my foot/ankle. I don't think it's a bad injury, but not easy to walk either. But I don't think I'll be playing any basketball for at least a week or so. Maybe it's time to do pushups?
Anyways, it's always good hearing from you guys. The little blog of ours always lifts my spirits
-Sam
you always have the most interesting analogies.. haha but this moon one is my fave!
ReplyDeleteGET BETTER :(
haha love the moon analogy.
ReplyDeletehang in there buddy! i pray that God will grant you a sense of peace and that you will be able to find rest in him during these times of stress/frustration.
and get well soon (to your ankle).