Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sam Week 4

Whatup ya'll! Let's get right into it

Verses:
Luke 1:78-79:
This reminds me of the New Year's Retreat theme verse 5:31 - "So may all your enemies perish, LORD! But may all who love you be like the sun when it rises in its strength." I think the Sun (and the Son) amazes me the more I learn about it, especially from the Bible. "the sunrise shall visit us from on high" is a really awesome metaphor. God's poetry is outta this world, literally.
Luke 11:33-36:
Does anyone else here daydream a lot? I've always had a pretty wild imagination, but recently I think God has shed some light on it. I realized the things in my daydreams generally reflect my character. On good days I see myself breaking through any challenge, but on bad days all I see is temptation and despair. Also I think many of us have imagined something bad happening to someone we don't like if we aren't really careful with our thoughts. Anyways point is that the way that we see things reflects our state. If what we see is darkness, we're full of darkness. But I think we'll find that when we're full of God's light, we won't even be able to see darkness.

Emotional:
So I've been trying to pull myself together so I can graduate and all that, and God's been good. On Tuesday night I was talking to my dad and complaining about how difficult it was to do my lab report due the next day. Then I suddenly realized that I had already finished two relatively tough homework assignments the same day. It made me realize how temporary our discipline is, and that the struggle can pass just like a storm. Pretty motivating. Also I recently saw an amazing testimony about a Muslim dude who turned Christian. If you have time, take a look. Crazy!

Physical:
I... yea things have really slowed down. Foot's still possibly broken, so maybe I'll just eat less burgers next week LOL

Thanks for all the encouragement homies and homegirls. Fight on

2 comments:

  1. haha yeah the Bible got some crazy awesome metaphors & imagery. and i really feel ya on the stuff about daydreams & imaginations. on good days I feel like a superhero or videogame character, slaying the D all day long, devil may cry style. and then on bad days, I'll be thinking all sorts of messed up stuff and it's like, "wth is wrong with me??" So yea, def gotta keep our eyes on Jesus. Check out 2 Cor 3:18; it's kray. Just by looking at Him, we're being transformed to His image. yeee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice verse man. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a crazy imagination like that LOL

      Delete