Thursday, May 2, 2013

Josh Weeeek Threeeeeeee

Hiii hope you all are doing well and still hanging in there!

It's week 5 for us quarter-folk and for you semester-folk you guys are almost done!! Let's keep pushing through, we're almost there! The weather this week has been unbearably nice and warm, I'm longing for dem summer dayz...

The Word, Yo!

Matt 5:14-16
Jesus uses such easy to understand examples for his teachings. Jerusalem was a city located on a hill and I'm sure those far away could have seen its lights at night time. Much the same for lamps that are such a common item in houses, even back then. These two examples describe how we should be the light of the world. Then Jesus commands us to SHINE! Why? In order that they may see our work and glorify God! This is our mission, whether we are in China or not, there is no way we can hide the Jesus that lives inside of us and gives light to this dark world.

Matt 6:22-23
This is such a great warning from Jesus. The "lamp of the body" is our eyes. If our eyes are good, then we are full of light. If they are bad, then we are full of great darkness. So, we need to be careful of the things that we see and the things we seek out to see. Let us be filled with light!


Dem Mah-scules
Took 4 midterms in the past two weeks so I have been busy with projects and assignments due all the time, it has been hard to find time to exercise, aside from the occasional stair climbing at school and sporadic pull-ups at home. I will try to find some time next week to do some sort of exercise. I have been itchin to play some ball but aint nobody got time fo dat :\

The Feels
Been doing pretty well, even though it has been really busy I have learned to trust in God a lot more. Take for example, I had a midterm and a project due for one of my labs today, that I hadn't finished yet. In the beginning of the week I was stressing out about how I was gonna find enough time to finish my project because it required me to work outside of class time, which for me is packed from morning til night. I seriously considered skipping Wednesday night Thomas meeting in order to finish up my work and be able to study for my midterm. Yet I ended up trusting that God was in control so I didn't stress out about it too much, just knew that it was gonna work out in the end. And it did! My project got pushed back one week and my midterm wasn't too bad. One of the lessons I've been learning is to cast all my burdens on to Jesus and He will make all things good! And even though I have another midterm tmrw and a project due this weekend, I ain't stressing cause God's got in under control and I have been able to work ahead and get things done! Praise God, He has been so faithful and wayy too good to me <333








Hey you. You see what that is? It's the light at the end of the tunnel. You're almost there. You can see the light shining through. It's beckoning you towards it. You can almost feel that summer breeze blow through your hair. So keep pushing through and finish strong!! Just a few more steps to go! You got this! ^__^


3 comments:

  1. Ya I getchu on the "casting your burdens onto Jesus". It's easier said than done, but good things always come to those who love, trust, and obey him.

    And thanks for the "light at the end of the tunnel", soooper encouraging!
    one more month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on goin brotha! That midterm story was awesome haha. God is interesting fosho

    ReplyDelete
  3. PTL dude, it's quite encouraging to see that level of trust in God. Agreed, easier said than done. But it won't go unrewarded!

    ReplyDelete