Thursday, May 2, 2013

JU WEEK 3

Afternoon, beautifuls! 

Verses

so something in chapter five stands out that God really used to speak to me earlier this semester. It's the part about being a city on a hill. God wants us to be a city WITHIN a city--living among the inhabitants but at the same time a distinctly separate city. It means to go out INTO the world but don't be OF the world. Just like how in Jeremiah 29, God calls the exiles to live in Babylon, seek the welfare of the city, and pray for the city (verse 7). These past years in Stockton I've really believed that God put me here for a reason, because there's no way id be out here on my own will, trust me. So this semester especially I've been trying to make my last marks here in Stockton by praying for the patients I volunteer with, interceding for the city on prayer runs, etc. I'm not one hundred percent sure where God wants me to be next, but I'm sure that wherever we are geographically, God has a divine purpose for us there. It's like being a missionary everyday.

Other
I finished undergrad last Friday and I'm graduating in two days! I feel like I just started college! God has taken me on an amazing, mind blowing journey.. every event from start to finish has clearly had the hand of God written all over it and I just feel so very blessed and loved and taken care of. All that I am or ever hope to be is due to my heavenly Father. He is so faithful :)

other than that, still been doing the runnin routine and went swimming today! yee it's SO HOT IN STOCKTON. love it. 

See you all in a couple dayyyysssss!!
Jupac


1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS GIRL!! dang 4 years flew by. It's so encouraging to have seen you grow into such a beautiful person inside and out.
    so jelly you got to swim. it's a high 100 degrees here in la mirada today and tomorrow

    ReplyDelete