Thursday, May 9, 2013

JU WEEK 4

Helloooooo!

So I am writing this as a college grad! WHAT that's cray. This past saturday was graduation and I'm just happy everything went smoothly, especially with my pops coming. It was like flying in the darn President... Em got insurance so she could pick him up, I arranged a shuttle to take him back, printed maps, made snacks for him, my mom started praying for his arrival weeks in advance... let me tell ya, it was no small feat. But thank the good Lord, everybody was in a happy mood :)


Luke 1:78-79
I never payed much attention to this passage, but this prayer of Zechariah's is quite juicy! Some points that stood out:
  • the light has visited us. It came down from where it was, seated in the heavens above, to give us, these puny pathetic little creatures sitting in darkness, a glorious light
  • in the verses above, we see how important it is to have this light, and how truly dark and hopeless we are without it:
    -we're delivered from the hands of our enemies
    -we can serve Him without fear
    -we can be holy and righteous before Him
How freaking awesome is that?

Luke 11:33-36
I agree with HaoZeDong that one thing stood out which is to "take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness." It's a reminder to be constantly plugged in to the Lord, to be filled with the Holy Spirit and let our heads lack no oil. Otherwise, we are spreading the wrong kinda light. Just a couple verses above, Jesus says "whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters." It's one or the other--gather or scatter, light or dark. 

Physical
Abs and arms while streaming Dr. Tuck's Hezekiah sermon. Haha not the most exciting workout soundtrack.. but good for the spiritual workout! Prayer runs on Tues/Thurs. It's an interesting change of scenery from Stockton to San Jose. Where are all the blacks and mexicans at?? 

For the rest of the week, I will be figuring out what to do with this: 

This is about 1/2 of it. I am the worst thing that's ever happened to my mother's condo. 

Anyway, I know y'all are stressed out with work and finals and all that, but may His words circle in your head all day long and feed you. The joy of the Lord is our strength!

Also, GOOD JOB ON THE HOME FRONT! Freals, it is so encouraging to hear all these ayi's and susu's putting in major time and effort in helping us fundraise, pray, etc. I am so touched to see that we have sososooo much support from our family in Christ. For those away from home, it is quite a sight to see. Let us match their effort in preparing for this mission! :)

<3,
Ju

3 comments:

  1. great stuff, super encouraging! that's awesome that your grad went well. i feel ya on how that could be a potentially difficult family situation. and kudos to the new year conference reference about head lacking no oil :)

    lolol @ pic. i'm liking those blue dumbbells

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and THIS: "may His words circle in your head all day long and feed you." AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^ pierce said exactly what I was thinking :DD

    CONGRATS julia!!

    ReplyDelete