Hello hello! I am ashamed to be posting this late Q.Q Your guy's posts made me feel so encouraged! Keep it up!!
Passages:
Matthew 5: 14-16
A lot of the times I am like a lamp hidden under a bowl because even though God has blessed me so much, I am unwilling to share the joy that I have received with non Christian friends because I fear rejection or the o.0 look. But this verse once again reminded me, "Hey Annie, why in the world would you hide under a bowl. You can't even fit under one! Girl just let it shine so that others can see you being a witness for the Lord".
Matthew 6: 22-23
This verse was deep. It made me think of the saying "the eyes are the windows to the soul" which made the verse make more sense to me. Like when someone is extremely happy, people say that her/his eyes are shining so I think that this verse is saying that if we are joyful in the Lord and we take being a light of God to the next level by showing others the role He plays in our lives then likewise our whole body will be full of light. Even better than just our eyes shining!
Emotional:
This week was an awful week and now that it's almost over I can't even exactly pinpoint the reasons why. It was just a mush of a lot of stress from assignments, professors, grades, friends who were also stressing out and family. I was being such a poop by being like -_- and not treating others as patiently as I should have. During one of my gaps between classes and I found myself just unable to study I just closed my eyes and asked God "ok God, I'm tired of being such a poop. Please show me how I can get out of this rut" and when I opened my eyes I felt better and then I just noticed a poster on the wall of the room I was in that was about physical therapy and the phrase "Help others!". So I decided to write some cards for my friends who I knew were having a bad week and in doing so I was able to stop focusing on myself and how yucky my week was going.
Physical:
We did Ripped season 12 yesterday which was a lot of lunges, squats, push ups, and crunches. And we did "The box of death" on Tuesday. The box of death was a box filled with folded up pieces of paper with things like "20 push ups!", "15 shoulder presses!" and while working out the teacher would go around and have people randomly choose a card. We also ran around part of the campus before the workout. Yesterday was the last day before the post class test so I will not have such intense workouts anymore HAHA.
Hang in there you guys! Almost done. We're the light of the world, but we will not let ourselves become a small weak little candle that's burning out or else we can't shine as brightly as we know we can :)
I feel ya on being stuck in a rut. it's awesome how you were able to bless others in the midst of all your stresses!
ReplyDeleteand your workout sounds so hardcore, i expect to see some guns when i get back!