Whatup peeps!
So it's been a really weary week, I feel like I've just been trying to run away from my responsibilities because the fear of failure and responsibility really gets to me sometimes. Took a test today that I don't think I did very well on, and I guess God humbled me through that. I always took it for granted that academics would work out fine, but I realized today that even my success to the last little bit is better left in God's hands. The thought of having to stay an extra year is scary, but I have to be able to accept whatever God has planned, whether it be success or failure. That being said though... time to start studying.
I do have a cool testimony to share though. I was feeling a little bummed out after my midterm so I went to play basketball at the gym. I ended up playing 1 on 1 against some guy there, and after I just asked really awkwardly "Hey are you in any campus clubs or anything? Do you wanna go to church?". To my surprise, he was open to it and gave me his number. Hopefully he actually comes out, but I thought that was pretty cool. Proof that the Holy Spirit works in ways that can't obtained by eloquent speech and human knowledge.
Some verses for the week:
John 8:12 -
For some reason "follow" stuck out in this verse. I'm a guy who likes to take things as they come. A lot of times I'm sitting here in the dark like, "Hey light, come to me". But one thing I'm learning is that the light isn't just in one spot. If we sit still, we'll soon be in darkness, but if we follow, Jesus promises that the light of life will always be with us.
John 11:9-10-
Jesus answered, “Are there not twelve hours of daylight? Anyone who walks in the daytime will not stumble, for they see by this world’s light. It is when a person walks at night that they stumble, for they have no light.”
This actually really confused me at first because I looked at the context, and Jesus said this in response to the disciples asking, "a short while ago the Jews tried to stone you, and yet you are going back?". After looking around a little bit, and thinking about it, I realized this has a lot to do with God's timing. Earlier some Jews tried to stone Jesus, but he went back and raised Lazarus, and some of those same Jews believed and were saved.
John 12:35-36:
I think this verse points to timing too. While we're given this time with Jesus, we need to walk and not be still.
Emotional and Physical stuff:
I've been feeling pretty under the weather, but a verse came up in my head today 1 John 4:18 - "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." and that was pretty comforting. Fear of the unknown is a huge stumbling block for me, but abiding in God's love cast out a lot of that fear.
I've also been playing basketball again... slowly.
awesome testimony!
ReplyDeleteand hang in there