Hello fellow brethren and sistren (it's actually a word okay),
God is soooo good!! Just took two midterms today, and it went really well. Thought I would get owned because I'm pretty lost in these classes but it turned out okay and I think it was a consequence of me trusting in God this week!
So on Sunday for Newman Discipleship, Jun Susu gave a lecture on daily devotions and how in order to grow you just have to spend time with God. Since last Friday, I have been trying to wake up on time (or at least not snoozing 3 times) and reading the Bible while eating breakfast. And also trying to spend more time praying throughout the day and at night. And I can definitely see my growth ALREADY! Feeling-wise, I feel the same with God but I can definitely see how it has already impacted my spiritual growth and I really want to keep this up. Turns out, you just gotta do it!
Scripture for this week:
John 1:4-9
John 3:19-21
John 8:12
John 11:9-10
John 12:35-36
These verses all warn us to be filled with the Light. Even throughout our days we may feel like the sun can give us enough light but once its dark and there is no like around, we start to stumble. I think an analogy can be drawn out of this by equating light and dark to the good and bad times of our lives. If we don't fill our life with light, we may be able to see when the sun is still out. But once the darkness sets in and you lose hope, there will be no light to guide you and you end up stumbling, perhaps even hurting yourself. That's why it is important to fill yourself with the Light because He gives us light. Jesus also says that if we follow Him, we will have the "light of life". This intrigues me, what is this "light of life" that Jesus speaks of? At least we know that when we have it we will not be walking around in darkness. One last thing I want to mention is that if we practice evil, we will hate the light because our deeds would then be exposed. Makes sense, since if you're doing the shady-mcnasty you wouldn't want anyone to know what you're doing. But as children of the light we come to the light because we know that all things were done in God!
Last thing: these verses make me feel like a Jedi! All this talk about light vs darkness, I feel like a padawan in training LOL
Physically:
The banquet on Sunday was extremely exhausting, that was definitely the workout of this week. Still trying to do some pull-ups and maybe even playing basketball later this week, depending on my workload.
Emoticons:
:D :) :] ^-^ x)
All good for this week! A lot of it definitely has to do with my spiritual well-being and not letting my circumstances dictate my emotions! God has definitely been really good to me recently and I hope I keep growing and hit a peak just in time for China! yay
4 MORE WEEKS OF SCHOOL!! I'm so jelly of all you guys who are almost done! But...GOOD LUCK ON FINALS ERRYBODY!! You can do it! ^___^ Y
Nice man. I'm glad you're having a week up after the weeks down. Keep it up! Don't let the light be stolen away
ReplyDeleteglad your midterms went well!
ReplyDeleteand nice analogy of comparing the light to the good and bad times in our lives. so encouraging how Christ promises us to fill us with this light and hope