Being back on my turf is such an amazing feeling, but being home also takes a little adjusting. Home has never been one of the reasons I love being in socal, for a number of reasons. But since I'm going to be around here for the next 4 years, I've decided to make it a happier place to be by cleaning things up, repainting, and most of all praying for my dad/stepmom. Painting gave me a ton of time to think.. and I've come to realize that being a light to the world starts at home. If you can't shine in your own family, how are you supposed to shine out in the world? Elementary principle, but a convicting reminder for me. It's easy to talk about shining but there were definitely some encounters with the parentals this week where I felt like it was the hardest thing ever to be a light. These verses remind me that it's not from our own strength, but from the good Lord. He has set an example for us and in His strength we can shine His light, not ours.
![]() |
| almost destroyed the ceiling... whoops |
One of the things that I do love about being in socal is having PIHOP 20 minutes away. That's where I go to pray and regenerate like a rechargable battery, and in His presence all things melt away. :) Psalm 116:2 says it all: because He inclined His ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live. How amazing, that the awesome Holy God above listens to my small irrelevant voice. But as long as He does, I'll keep prayin.
Physical-wise, been back to prayer runs and swimming and stuff. Tryna work off all this feasting that's been happenin, but don't know if I can keep up!
Also, I dreamed that I was SPIDERMAN this week. Twas jamazing.
Miss you all!
Ju
*edit*
my friends just gave me this box of coins they've been saving up for missions! since they're not going this year, they gave it to me to support us. :')


aww the box of coins so sweet! and I feel you on the being a light at home!! I am working on that right now too, you can do it!
ReplyDelete