Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hao #4

What’s good everyone. I dunno if I’ve said this before, and I’m too lazy to check, but it’s so awesome reading all these posts and comments. If this was facebook, I would “like” everything :)


In the 1st passage, like Annie, I was also drawn by the illustration of Jesus as the sunrise from on high. Praise tha Lord that God demonstrated His tender mercies through the coming of Jesus to this dark world. The 2nd passage talks about the same issue as last week’s passage in Matthew. Verse 35 stood out to me: “take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness.” This is Jesus talking all weird again. My “light” might actually be darkness?? Apparently so, and that’s a scary thought! Like Proverbs tells us, “There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.” So I definitely need to regularly examine my own heart and ask God for His true light and guidance. I really don’t wanna be doing my own thing anymore cuz I know I’ll end up in a ditch. 


Life: 
I’ve been doing alright and I'm trying to not feed the worry bug. I’m so tired of stuDYING but I still have a week to go and there’s much more I need to stuff in my brain! I’ve also been praying about recommendation letters and I think I've gotten verbal confirmation for all that I need. I'm SUPER thankful about that. But now, the worrier (not warrior) within me is concerned again because I'm not sure if the letters will be strong or good enough blah blah (gosh I feel like such a loser pre-med lol). Overall, I'm not super stressed (really been clinging to Jesus), but I'm not all carefree either. Maybe I'm being over dramatic, but I think my future might really depend on these last 2 weeks of college. After all, any potential future school acceptances will depend on how well I do on my finals (and thus final grades) and the rec letters I'm asking for. It’s kind of nerve wracking to have so much hanging on such a short period of time. Or maybe I'm thinking too much from a human & worldly perspective. Ugh I hate worrying. Overall, I'm really learning to just rest in God and trust Him on the daily. If it's meant, then it's gon be. It's reassuring to know that I'm not capable enough to screw up God's plans.


Last night, I was reading Romans 13 and verse 11-12 seemed appropriate for our light theme. "It is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light." The middle sentence sounds like a quote from Batman or something haha. Anyway, just wanted to share those verses; keep going, keep running bros & sises. Hope y'all are doing well and I can't wait to see everyone again! 

2 comments:

  1. *like* button for the Romans verses

    Good luck with your last two weeks!! It'll all be worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I like the Batman reference. Props on keeping faithful espcially under pressure. Definitely needa practice trusting God when there's actually risk involved

    ReplyDelete