Saturday, May 4, 2013

David - Weak 3

Hey all, Been lagging on this quite a bit. Things have been piling up quicker than I can handle them and it's hard to really sit down and have any time to myself now. I've read your posts and been encouraged by them, but when I sit down and try to reflect on my own thoughts, all I can think of are what I still haven't finished yet. I hate setting a bad example and this will not happen again, but I just want to ask for your prayers, and let you know that I'm still here. I will try to finish my post tomorrow. Thank you all for your understanding.
*edit*
Thanks to you all for the encouragement. I need to find a better way of channeling out my stress. Lately my brain has been working so fast and so hard that by early afternoon I'm feeling dizzy at work. I also have my first exam in 5 years this coming Thursday so I'm feeling a little anxious. Anyway, God has been a faithful reminder that He is all I need. I've been latching on to Him for dear life the last couple days so I don't go through an episode like I did in my earlier post.
Matthew 5:14-16
This passage sets the stage for our theme this year. I had proposed that our theme be changed to something a little more age appropriate, like "city on a hill" instead, but on Sunday, the announcement slide said that our theme is 'sparkle sparkle little star' or something. Hilarious. But this passage is also very prevalent in what I'm going through right now. I'm fighting for a promotion at work and I've had a series of 1 on 1's with my manager. He also believes that I should get the promotion but the decision lies in the hands of HIS managers. He gave me this advice the other day: "Make sure you send out emails and bring it up in conversation every time you do something that should be worthy of praise or notice." I've been raised to disagree with this kind of teaching. I've always been more of a "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing" kind of guy and now I'm supposed to beat my own drum and let everyone know of my deeds at work. Despite his advice, I still believe I should continue to let my light shine instead of my music blare. I'm not going to announce everytime I do something, instead, I will keep working hard and keep trusting God and let my light do the work. I trust that this kind of virtue and strong work ethic will be rewarded and the outcome will be much more satisfying than tooting my own horn to the top.
Matthew 6:22-23
I'm sure this isn't referring to your physical eyeballs, but rather what you set your sights on. When we pursue only after the things of this world, how dark and void our lives will be then! Instead, we focus on the eternal, and our lives will be reflect the light of His nature (so essentially, we're like moons).
Physical:
I've been lifting weights and trying to eat healthier. Also, my friend invited me to start playing basketball with them on Tuesdays.
Prayer request:
We have our biggest SSM fundraiser event coming up in a few days (Mother's Day Banquet). Two years ago, we were able to raise close to $15k just for the event, but we cannot automatically assume that it will be the same this year. In fact, this year, we are more undermanned and unprepared than we were 2 years ago. Please diligently pray for this event that God will pour His blessing out for the mothers and the rest of us serving on that day. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya man. Don't feel guilty tho. We gotta encourage each other anyway right? Fight on brotha

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep hanging in there, praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete