Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sam week 5(i think?)

Whatup Chinese/Taiwanese people and Melissa!

Sorry for the late post. Not much of an excuse except I sort of just didn't know what to write. This week has been kinda foggy and confusing. Definitely need some more light in my life.

Verses:
John 1:4-9 -
I was a little confused at first about how life can be inside of light. Light's just kinda shiny and makes things brighter right? So I thought it about for a bit and the idea of a rainbow came up. For my physics people, I'm sure you've all seen this picture before.
Pretty cool how the most plain color, white, actually contains every color you could imagine. If I can believe and see that every color imaginable is contained inside a simple white light, then I can't even begin to imagine how much life is hidden in the simple light of Christ.

John 3:19-21 -
So yesterday was UCSD's Sungod festival. It's the day that almost every UCSD student looks forward to where everyone just goes crazy. I remember every Spring quarter for the past 3 years I would be waiting for that one day where the campus would come to life. People come out of their shell, let loose, and everyone's having a good time. Right? I still decided to go this year because that's what cool kids do, but sometime at night I found myself standing awkwardly with my friend in the dance area trying to  keep as much space as possible from the mass of sweaty people around. A popular electronic artist came on set, and people went wild. Then I caught myself thinking "Man this music is pretty lame and repetitive, but why is there a part of me that feels drawn in?" And then it hit me. We (in the general sense of the word) love listening to music so loud that it drowns out our thoughts. We love to indulge in excessive drinking, drugs, and everything that takes our mind as far away from reality as possible. But Jesus shows us the real way to live. He shows us the truth and gives us a reason to live life and not run away from it.

Emotional stuff and my week:
 This week has been really confusing and cloudy. I've been really restless and haven't been able to get much done. I've been going through this struggle where deep down in my heart I want to live freely and righteously, but I find my body and mind constantly craving for a sinful escape. But the good thing is that I've been able to spend more time praying and seeking rest in God because of it. The circumstances/pressure of school isn't too bad though. Just 1 more month til G-day!

Physical:
Starting playin some basketball again. Maybe might start running a little bit? We'll see haha

That's all folks!

OH and here's this awesome video I saw on facebook the other day


1 comment:

  1. awesome analogies & great insights bro. <3

    ReplyDelete