Wednesday, May 8, 2013


Annie Week 4

Verses:
Luke 1:78-79 
I had to read these verses a couple times before I totally understood it maybe because I have been studying biology for the past two weeks so my brain can not comprehend anything but bio! This verse is new to me but what caught my attention the most was the analogy of Jesus to the rising sun. Through Jesus he shines on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death and brings peace. At first I was wondering how light could bring peace because my first instinct would be "ahhh the light, my eyes" but no, it's peace! And that makes the word "tender" that describes the mercy of God, "guide" and "peace" fit neatly together and gives me a new perspective on viewing God.
Luke 11:33-36
This verse is similar to one of the previous ones that we read but it is more in depth and made me think a little deeper. I'm looking at a lamp on my desk that is made out of a kind of fabric is translucent but the light still shines brightly through the fabric evenly. Our bodies are like that fabric yet if we allow the light of Jesus to shine through us it'll be spread out evenly for maximum radiance! If we make part of ourselves dark say, thinking bad thoughts, it's like making our head just go poof out of light etc. That example is like in the verse where it says "therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be just as full of light as when a lamp shines its light on you".

Emotional:
I was feeling uberly stressed out because I have three finals tomorrow in my three classes but I found myself today feeling at peace and able to laugh and calm my friend down who was stressing out over little things even though usually I would feel really tense from having others stress out around me when I am stressed (haha sorry if this sentence is making YOU feel stressed out!) BUT praise God today every time I felt tired and today when I studied for around 7 hours I asked God for strength and then I just pushed through. I was pushing myself to study more but I just suddenly felt the urge to spend time with God and posting on the blog and not letting academics be an excuse. I am just so shocked that despite hours of studying I feel joyful, at peace and still feeling like I can study for another hour. I know God answered my prayer for more strength because usually I would be like a noodle and just collapsing! After having a bad week last week, I feel silly for having doubted God because He showed me this week how He is always faithful so don't give up on Him ok! He's gotcho | <-- your spine/back/vertebrae (bio)

Physical:
This week I had my last workout which was just a post class test that was timed! So I did 30 push ups in a minute, 90 squats in a minute and a half, 3 min planks all the way to the teacher yelling OK DROP, and 65 crunches in a minute! Definitely a huge improvement from the pretest where I did only 1 minute and 30 seconds of planks, only 16 push ups HAHA, and 84 squats. Really made me feel so happy and that I accomplished something hard! Now lets see if I keep up the work out through the summer....

We're all heading towards the last stretch until summer! Keep it up and run that race like stress/homework/ hard to deal with professors or employers/disappointments/tiredness ain't got nothin on you! We can all smile like this baby soon! 


Annie   


or did I just make you do it now? ^_^

1 comment: