Thursday, June 6, 2013

Week 8

:)
I feel like I was just typing last week's blog but already a week passed.. :O I'm doing okay just found myself not grasping the time I have and using it wisely because for the past week of being sick my sleep pattern got all out of whack so, currently making myself get back into the game and working at Starbucks is helping me do that! This past week has been cool in the way that certain things (church sermon, wed thomas study, personal experiences) are just fitting neatly together, like a confirmation of what God is speaking to me.

[=|=]
Last Sunday when I went to church service at Menlo Park Presbyterian, the pastor talked about light and darkness and you can just imagine my face suddenly getting this little smug and "hehe" look that clearly was reflecting my thoughts of "ooooh yeah I know this stuff good". However, he talked about this story that I wanted to share with you guys. This is basically the summary of what I remember:

"There was a guy who was a Holocaust surviver who was speaking to an audience and during the Q and A afterwards, someone asked him "what is the meaning of life?". People grew uncomfortable and started shifting around as he answered with a story of how he had this broken piece of mirror that he found when he was a young boy from a car accident and kept in his pocket all the time. Over time I chipped away at the sides of the mirror until it was almost a perfectly smooth circle and I was intrigued at how I could reflect the sunlight using the mirror into the darkest corners and shadows. It became a game and I would try to get the light into the deepest darkest parts. However, as I became older I realized it no longer was a game, but how life is. I want to shine my experiences and knowledge especially after surviving the Holocaust to others just like that broken piece of mirror, and that is the meaning of life".

For me, that narrative really gave me a more personal and extremely strong example of what we have been studying together and just like how Thessalonians says "Therefore encourage and build up each other" I hope it is an encouragement to you all and gives you a fresh perspective because I know after weeks of the same light and dark it can get dull. Also, it's awesome how Pastor Nancy was talking about teamwork/building yesterday at Thomas Fellowship just like in Thess. and the fact that it includes  the armor of God, a year long lesson I was teaching to my group of students last year! In Peters, the verse reminds me of how sometimes we joke around "me: thanks for making me feel special. them:   you ARE special" but even better, God calls us His "special possession" (NIV) and "chosen people" and I don't know about you but I feel pretty warm and fuzzy knowing that!

Physically
Squished in a ten min ab workout before work, standing up for total of almost 19 hours for work this week and did a few push ups laughingly yesterday at fellowship HAHA oh my.

This week's post is super long, hope it was the worth the read for those reading all the way!! As a congratulatory prize, here is a song that "chosen people" made me remember that was basically my youth group's  theme song after a conference in Kentucky two years ago because we sang it every time during worship http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICeHe7AGLbw! Keep up seeking after God and encouraging each other :)) Love you all and big congrats to those who graduated and going to be graduating!


No comments:

Post a Comment