Friday, June 21, 2013

Annie Week 10

Physically
Praise the Lord that my hands and arms are no longer stiff and painful after work! I think that they got buffer and I'm now used to the amount of work done by my hands on 5-8 hour shifts. Hands of steel after watching Man of Steel! I worked out three times this week so far with some crunches, planks, squats, and an arm workout. Need to start running again but couldn't bring myself to walk more on my feet after standing up all the time.

Emotionally
A couple hard days but God has replaced any feelings of sadness with joy and forgiveness. I love working at Starbucks because I feel happy even after long shifts because my coworkers are so great and the majority of customers are so nice. And also because I have such encouraging brothers and sisters in Christ! Also, it's crazy how I feel super pumped working at a fast pace and dashing back and forth around the store and having my hands fly across the POS. I find this feeling super exhilarating and it takes my mind off of my concerns and anxiety so hooray :)  (currently enjoying the whoosh feeling because I'm typing my post as fast as possible before my shift starts)

Verses
I love the imagery the verses create! So nuts to think about a city that doesn't need the light from the sun and moon. Even though cities in modern time are from electricity it's just a great reminder that it's the glory of God that is enough. It's enough to light up an entire city! I'm thinking about Hong Kong right now and big cities like New York. In the second verse, when I read it when I was younger I felt sad because I love night time because the moon and stars are so pretty but now I better understand that it's saying more also along the lines of how there will be no more darkness, no more evil, no more sadness because the light of the Lord will reign forever and ever.

Welcome back, so good to see almost all of you on Wednesdays :)!

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment