I know this sounds crazy, but for being on summer vacay I'm pretty stressed out this week. I've been trying to get ready for school, get immunizations, fill out forms, hunt down the financial aid office, get loans, find a place to live, figure out how to move my stuff down from san jose, fix my car, etc. all before I leave here in two weeks.
I've been going to pihop a lot too though, which has been keeping me sane. Seriously, everything seems so insignificant in the light of His presence. God is always so good.
In 1 Peter, those who belong to God declare His praises, and in 1 Peter 2:12 (one of my favorites ever), we are to live such good lives that others see and glorify God. It's all for God's glory! That's the huge take-home message I got from this old-school sermon right hurr: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
It's that our ultimate purpose for being the light is neither that people will be saved from their darkness, nor that people can go to heaven instead of hell. It's for the sake of God, not the people. We shine because God deserves to have the glory, and he deserves to be known by those he loves, as sinful and destined for hell as they (and we) may be. The Lamb that was slain deserves the reward of his suffering.
deuces
jupac
So many things to do! I know that feeling but I know with God's strength you can finish all those tasks!
ReplyDeletei'm definitely hitting up PIOP sometime when i'm back down in LA, seems like it'd be so refreshing to go!
ReplyDeletehang in there and can't wait to see you <3