Thursday, June 20, 2013

WEEK 10 is this the end?

WOWZA it's already been 10 weeks since we started this whole thing? I'm going to miss coming back here to check on all your inspiring and life-changing posts.

Life is great right now, but I feel a little stressed/am kind of trying to be organized since there are many things to complete before China. Please pray for my philosophy midterm tomorrow and my CSET test next tuesday! very nervous for both
I think he week of training will be the most stressful because we have both training and the retreat all week. I still have a lot of papers, hw, and a test due that same week.

My flaw is that I get overwhelmed and anxious easily (in general) and further more don't know how to really handle it. Sometimes I using complaining as my outlet, but the majority of the time my "biting nails" habit appears (secret's out I guess haha). Both are extremely unhealthy.
I hope I don't sound like a needy/crazy lady. I know that many of you guys have way more responsibilites/stress and I really do admire the way you guys handle it. 

Lately I have been praying and asking God for strength and that he will be able to use this time to help me grow. I am learning to turn to Him FIRST whenever encountering difficult emotions, situations, overwhelming things in life. It's crazy the way He is able to bring a sense of peace and reassurance through these times. 
On a random side note, one of the many things I love about God is how we are constantly learning new things about him.

Anyways, I really enjoyed hearing all of your testimonies yesterday about what being the "light" means. It was so encouraging and real to see the different ways these passages have affected each person.

Verse:
These passages were similar in that they both talked about how God's light reigns above all else. We don't need a lamp or even the sun to light up this world because the Lord IS the light and will give pass on the light brighten up this dark world. This isn't just a temporary "light", but one that "for ever and ever". As long as I am with God I will have this light. I think often times it's easy to underestimate the power of this light or even be intimidated by it, but my prayer is that the Lord will be able to help me shine this light. 

I think we should continue this blog for updates and prayer requests! 

Anyways, have a great rest of the week and good luck to those still in school/have finals! <3
Remember to
be kind, love God, and make good choices :)

LOVE ALWAYS,

Jacs

2 comments:

  1. duuuudeeee i feel ya, I get stressed reallyyy easily too! But yeah, good reminder to turn to God first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good stuff & good luck! hope you're having fun learning about plato lol

    ReplyDelete