Thursday, June 13, 2013

JU WEEK 9

Hey Friends,

Honestly it's a struggle writing this post because I have a thousand other things on my mind right now of what I have to get done in 9 days. The most urgent sitch I'm facing is that my roommate (who I thought was the perfect set-up from God) backed out on me and didn't bother to tell me until today. Since I'm basically living off loans, I can't afford to live by myself, which means I need to find a roommate and sign a lease by next Friday. Prayers needed! I know God always has a perfect plan and perfect timing, but right now it's taking every inch of strength to trust Him. 

Verses
What stood out to me was the verse in chapter 1 that says if we confess our sins, he will forgive and purify us. One thing I've learned from my devotions this week is that God looks at the heart, and He trusts and uses those who come before Him humbly. For example, Moses was said to be the most humble man on earth in Numbers, and he got to converse with God face to face. Daniel too was a humble man (Daniel 10:12), and to him was revealed the distant end times, even before Jesus was born. So God loves it when we come to Him in humble repentance, which seems to also be one of the first steps to walking in the light. 

Praise Report
Financing my education was another big thing I was worried about these past few weeks. My school/the feds gave me max loans but it still wasn't enough to cover all the expenses, so I was thinking of applying for some private loans. Long story short, my Dad, who clearly told me before that I would have to figure things out on my own, decided to chip in a little. When I told my Mom about this, she was moved that my dad was willing to help and decided to help a little too. With everything combined, I think I'll be okay! HUGE burden lifted off my back. Praise God for His faithfulness always

See you all soon,
Ju

3 comments:

  1. dang girl your week sounds pretty intense but your amount of faith is really inspirational. i will continue to pray for you!
    it's always awesome to step back and focus on the blessings God has given you to drive you to the end.

    love you and see you soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh those are some real tough situations. i feel ya buddy, def sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you! I am so happy for your praise report! God is so faithful so I know that your roommate situation will work out too!

    ReplyDelete