Psalm 36:7-9
I really liked this passage because it displays the loving, protective, and fatherly characteristics of God. It demonstrated how God is a necessity in our lives because He not only replenishes us but also gives off the light that we need in order to see the path ahead of us meaning that we are not wandering around in darkness.
Psalm 43:3-5
This week is feeling very long and difficult and I was feeling really frustrated and unsure of what to do. This passage reminded me that even when our soul is feeling downcast and troubled, we need to turn to God with not complaints, but with praise and still delighting in Him.
Psalm 119:105
At first, it seemed odd that our feet need lamps cause it's not like our feet have eyes. But, our feet goes first when we walk and so they do "see" the way we go as the rest of our body follows. The Bible ultimately is like the lamp because instructs the way that we go and helps us to discern the path to take, and then we just follow like our bodies do.
Psalm 119:130
I think what the verse means is that when we understand and take apart God's word to truly understand, it's like a light bulb moment even to the most simple minded.
I was feeling very stressed out as I was trying to figure out which classes to take and alternative plans in case it did not work out, how to balance work and school, and seeing if I can volunteer at Stanford's hospital. I found out in order to volunteer which I had been hoping to do so all year, I can not take more than 2 weeks off and the missions trip exceeds the time limit. I was feeling all disgruntled but as I took some time off from thinking about everything by listening to music and praying, I was reminded that my plans do not matter but God's plan that He has in store for me is always better so I did not need to worry so much over things that are out of my control but is in His! So I bless you all to continue to put your trust in God even though sometimes it feels that everything does not seem to fit together and can not work out because it will!
No comments:
Post a Comment