Friday, April 26, 2013

An-knee Week 2


 Hi guys, WOW your blogs are amazing and the pictures/videos at the end of the blogs made me smile so big. 

Emotional/ Spiritual
This week was very stressful because of two big bio midterms and a lot of work to do but prraaiissee the lord it is now over! I got to end it with my first ever concert, Chris Tomlin and Kari Jobe! Funny that it was called "burning lights tour" and made me think of this blog and the theme for the missions trip! I got my wish of being able to praise and sing for a long period of time (7:30-10~pm)and now my voice sounds like a frog but I am filled with peace, feeling all giddy and just so rested in the Lord. I have been blessed so much this past week despite a heavy workload by still being able to smile and feeling at peace which I don't think would have been possible without praying even a short prayer the moment I wake up for the energy or patience I need for the day or task and because of so many caring brothers and sisters in Christ praying and encouraging me onwards!

Scripture
As I read Isaiah, the verses that jumped the most at me was when it compared the light of God to the sun and the moon which are pretty darn bright. My usual response to the sun just blinding me makes me go "ahhh ouch" and maybe even saying "oh my WHY is it is so bright" in frustration so when it says that the sun and moon will no longer be our usual source of light AND will not set or wane anymore but it will be the Lord's everlasting light I was just so full of awe. God is one huge ginormous incomprehensible source of light that just makes us go "ahhh" but rather than saying that in frustration, it's a response that is full of admiration and awe. Especially on nice sunny days, I wish they could always stay like that but of course it turns cold or windy. God's light however is stable and everlasting so it's like a never ending nice sunny day that warms not just our body temperature but warms our heart and ultimately the way that we can use that warmth to love and treat others as He loves and treats others. 

Physically
On tues in my body sculpting class I did lunges with dumbbells back and forth the classroom and 100 push ups and ran a mile, on thurs I did a circuit series which was going around 15 different stations that had us do different workouts at each like shoulder presses with dumb bells, push ups, squats, lunges, resistant bands and jumping jacks.

Keep pushing through all that work and school! You can do it because like Chris Tomlin kept repeating today, "If our God is for us, then what could stand against us"

2 comments:

  1. Annie I'm glad you got to experience a Christian mosh pit! Another cool thing about these concerts is to be around so many other people who passionately love Jesus. And now we get to serve with more Jesus-lovers this summer!

    I really liked your analogy of God's light being like a nice sunny day that warms us inside and out. You never want it to end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your body sculpting class sounds like INTENSITY. git it gurl

    ReplyDelete