but...
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. (Psalm 109:105)
I love reading Psalms. I’m not a guy who is too comfortable or familiar with offering praise. I specialize in ‘real talk’ and keeping things concise. I say what I feel like needs to be said and at times I like to keep myself aloof and stay away from becoming too vulnerable. True praise like the Psalms of David, however, stems from the deepest chambers of your heart with no walls – just pure, unadulterated passion. That’s why I’m always so intrigued when I read King David’s poetry. Through thick and thin, through victory and defeat, David pours his heart out for our Lord and the sincerity is clearly distinguishable.
I really like what Pierce wrote about how the enemy likes to suggest alternatives for us. Lately I’ve been going through a struggle of growing up too fast. I’m looking for housing, looking for a new job, looking to apply for schools, looking to lead the Thomas, while trying to budget my finances and other responsibilities. It’s all bottlenecking together and the end result is a suffocating sense of despair that leaves me scrambling for some sort of quick-fix to keep it all together. When this overwhelming wave hits, it’s easy to drown out the Lord’s role and relationship in my life. Not only do my attempts at praise cease, but I somehow even forget to call out to Him for rescue.
Lord, help me to trust you, to know you better, and to put you above all else in my life. You are my strength and you never hold back from us. Teach me to be the person you made me to be, and may my life be a living psalm of praise to your good works. Amen.
“
Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.”
That’s truth right there.
PHYSICAL UPDATE:
ya you be growin' up fast! haha
ReplyDeletebut i totally agree how when that overwhelming wave hits it's so hard to lose God in the midst of it. your prayer was really encouraging and i'm excited to see him mold you more into the person he's designed for you to be!
-jacs