Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sam's Week 1 Update

Whatup ya'll Sam here with my weekly update:

Verses

  • Psalm 36:7-9:
    • I really like the last part "In your light do we see light". I'm the kinda guy that is always looking to solve my problems, and it leads me to a lot of places where I didn't have to go in the first place. But I've found over time that I always need to turn to God first and not myself. His light shines within us, but only when we look to Him first.
  • Psalm 43:3-5
    • Not much to say on this one, but praise the Lord!
  • Psalm 119:105
    • I always really liked this verse, and when I was feeling really down and lost one time, I noticed something interesting about it. "Your word is a lamp to my feet" doesn't mean that God shows us the whole way. He reveals it to us little by little and each time we have to step forward in faith to walk that path. 
  • Psalm 119:130
    • Anybody ever find yourself saying "Wow that's so simple, why didn't I think of that?" Well that's me all the time. I'm glad he shows favor to the simple-minded in that sense. A whole lot less pressure.
Physical Prep
So I've been getting a decent amount of exercise pretty much everyday. I've been playing a lot of basketball, maybe too much. But strangely enough, I learn some spiritual lessons sometimes when I play. Back in High School I did wrestling, and even though I was decent, I never had that much success because I would get scared, or nervous, and discouraged easily. I only performed well when I knew I could beat my opponent. Through playing ball and exercise, I realized that I need challenges to stretch my capacity and build perseverance. Even for exercise, success

Emotional Prep
So earlier I mentioned that I was going to the gym a lot. Well can't say the same for class. My academic motivation is probably the lowest it's ever been, and grades aren't very good. But I'm starting to view school in a new way. To be honest, I don't always care about learning new things in math and science, but now I see it as an opportunity to live out the bible and serve God through my time here. I mean our work is his work right? Practicing patience, perseverance, and prayer is all good stuff. Wish I knew that earlier. 

That's all folks! Have a blessed week



3 comments:

  1. keep working on your basketball, young nate robinson. for sure it will come in handy when we go to china ;)

    ReplyDelete