Scripture:
Psalm 36:7-9
This part of scripture describes the characteristics of God. But more than that, it holds promises for us who are all "children of men". If we put our trust in Him, we will be "abundantly satisfied", and He will "give us drink" so that we will not be thirsty. I'm listening right now to the song that Julia posted and it says "just keep coming back to Me". And I think that's what God is trying to call us to do. In my life I feel like I keep filling it with so many things that end up disappointing me or can't fill that hole in my heart that only Jesus can fill. Again from the song, "All your fountains are in Me, And I have everything you need, Just keep coming back to Me."
Psalm 43:3-5
This is a prayer that cries out to God to send His light and His truth. Seems like a desperate call from the depths of the psalmist's soul. Without His light and His truth to guide us, we will stumble and we will fall but with it, we can run with Him with joy, praising Him no matter our circumstances. The second part is a questioning of why the psalmist feels so down. It almost seems like he is trying to cheer himself up and reminding himself of the promise that there is no need to feel cast down because there is always hope and salvation from God. That's a question I need to start asking myself. Why am I feeling so down; if God is for me, who can be against me?
Psalm 119:105
This statement is full of so much truth. His word is a "lamp" and a "light" for us, to show us the way. Without His word in our lives, we are just blind people stumbling around in the darkness and not knowing where we are going. One way to receive His word is by reading the Bible and through devotions and spending time listening to Him, we can have a light unto our feet and see the path that we trod upon. If one day we mess up and steer a little bit to the right or the left, we can get back to that path because His word shining the right way to go. I've been praying for a lot of direction in my life but without His word, there is no way I can know what steps to take. I may not know the destination, but I sure can see the path to get there, step by step with Him leading me. That's such an awesome promise.
Psalm 119:130
Again, this part of scripture talks about His word. When His words enters into us, it gives us light and understanding. I think this emphasizes further the importance of devotions, not just to do them but to really receive from God every day from His word, like daily bread! When we receive His word, it shines for us the way and gives us understanding, or wisdom. Wisdom is something that I have been asking from God, just how to deal with all the situations in my life. I may make the wrong decisions here and there but I need to receive from God His word and through it being able to understand His plan for me in my life.
Physically:
Have not really done much this week, except for playing basketball on Thursdays. Life has just been really busy but I will find some time this week to work out.
Emotionally:
Man every week has been such a roller coaster. At the beginning of the week is always a huge challenge and there's always the thought that I just want to give up on everything. Being able to persevere through the hard times is just so hard to do. But God always proves to be faithful and carries me through each week by His grace. I need to learn to trust and have more faith in Him.
^ That was what I wrote this afternoon but driving home from basketball tonight I was feeling really overwhelmed with all the things I need to do for tomorrow and being physically hurt and tired. Reading all these posts is REALLY encouraging. I want to thank all you guys who have already posted, it has helped me already more than you can imagine. I trust God will do great things with this blog! :)
Josh
thumbs up. hang in there, Josh. I know things have been tough lately, but I really think that as we begin to mentally and spiritually prepare ourselves for this mission, your perspective on how big the obstacles are in life will change (think Caleb and your namesake, Joshua).
ReplyDeleteGood stuff bro, and I echo with what David said too. I also think Psalm 43 (as well as many many other Psalms) shows us that it's OKAY for us Christians to feel down or even seriously depressed (Psalm 88 is prolly the most depressing one). I think the important thing is that we cry out to God and like you said, keep clinging to our mighty King.
ReplyDeletekeep it goin brotha!
ReplyDelete