Hey Guys,
Typing this up from James' place. That boy graduating tomorrow! It's been a weird week. A few things came up that are worth mentioning. When I'm feeling under the weather, it's easy for me to shut out people and try to solve my own problems. A Pastor pointed out though that we need people and we need God. Not to say that God isn't enough, but it's pride that keeps us from seeking the help of fellow brothers and sisters. Emotionally I can be really up and down, which I really hated at first, but it helps me come back to God as the source of my strength. It's really encouraging seeing these posts. Ya'll are a light that I can see shinin freal.
Here's a few things I got from this weeks verses:
Darkness relates a lot to wandering aimlessly, but when the light penetrates the darkness, everything becomes clear. I think it's also cool how when the sun comes up in the morning we wake up out of darkness (okay maybe 5 or 6 hours after the sun comes up, but anyways...). And don't we have the weirdest dreams too? I could be running from zombies or flying through space and not notice anything wrong. When I have those dreams, I wake up feeling like the dumbest person on the planet. Maybe it's a stretch but I feel like our spiritual life is kind of the same. We can float though our life believing a lot of the lies floating around, and it's scary that it can just seem normal. But when Jesus opens our eyes, I think we often find ourselves thinking "Man how did I not notice that?".
Keep walkin in the light brothas and sistas. This blog really lifts up my spirits. BTW See some of you folks next week!
Sam
Oh and physically, still playing basketball a few times a week, so hopefully that's enough to get by
this comment is a week late, but i feel ya fsho bruh. my natural way of doing things is to go ham by myself (like 2pac, "Me Against the World"!) and yea that def comes from pride a lot of times.
ReplyDelete