Thursday, April 25, 2013

JU WEEK 2


Hey buddies,

Interesting fact: Despite all the senior life funtivities I've been having, reading these blogs is one of the best parts of my week. Freals, I love it. 

Isaiah 9:1-2
The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light. It's not until we see just how much darkness we were really living in, that we truly appreciate the value of light. I think of my own life and how I was in pitch darkness, trying so hard to be perfect, trying to gain the affections of my friends and family, struggling with insecurities, being hurt by rejection, chasing after things that end in nothing.. the list goes on and on.. but the light of Jesus pierced that darkness when he came to give me freedom. In verse 4 of the same chapter it says For You have broken the yoke of his burden and the staff of his shoulder. Christ has given me freedom from sin and death, freedom to be whole and loved by my Maker, to not be crushed by the weight of all my former burdens. It's a darn good feeling. 

Isaiah 60:1-2, 19-20
In the first two verses of the chapter, it says that darkness covers the whole earth. But also that His glory shall be seen upon you, and that the Gentiles shall come to your light. When you're in a dark room and see a light, you will want to go near to the light to see. Our neighbors in the world are in darkness, but when we let our light shine, they will see the glory of God on us and be drawn to it. Then they can experience this everlasting light that is mentioned later. The sun and moon, which disappear and are always changing, are no longer the source of our light. Our light is dependable, constant, unchanging, everlasting. And it gives us JOY and FREEDOM, for the days of your mourning shall be ended. What a freaking amazing gift, that we no longer have to be in darkness. 

Spiritual/Emotional:
I think this week God has showed me how far I fall short of how God wants me to love people. I found myself getting irritated so easily, loving so selfishly, forgetting that the love of Christ is so far beyond my capacity to love. So I've been praying that God would teach me how to REALLY TRULY love people with Christ's love, including the people who I really really just want to punch in the face sometimes. Well funny thing, I was listening to one of Pastor Yu's sermons (brushing up on my Chinese!) and was really touched by one of his stories. The biggest blessing we can be to people is to bring them Jesus. Check it out, 24:04 to 26:08! 

Physical:
one prayer run this week and ab ripper/arm&leg exercises while watching my laker dreams get crushed :( 

Now back to studying.. done with undergrad forever tomorrowwww, woohoo!! :) :) 

toodles,
Ju


3 comments:

  1. congrats with finishing undergrad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOHOOOO YOUR LAST DAY of college! Congrats girl! Bittersweet huh, I feel ya. I also feel ya on this awesome feeling of finally being free, especially from the pressure and burden of chasing after useless things in circles. Isn't our Savior wonderful for showing us what life is REALLY about? "Into marvelous light I'm running! Out of darkness out of shame!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS HOMEGIRL!! enjoy the early start to summer; you've earned it :) And listening to Pastor Yu's sermons is such a good idea! hahah you're a good multi-tasker (i.e. praying & running; listening to sermons & practicing Chinese). btw, totally feel ya on the issue of lacking genuine love. i get irritated so easily sometimes it's ridiculous. definitely need God's grace to transform my self-centered heart

    ReplyDelete